WWF Adria zapošljava: Projektnog koordinatora/icu (zaduženog/u za komunikaciju) za ured u Zagrebu
WWF Adria hires the Projects Officer (communications)
WWF Adria is seeking the Projects Officer to implement project activities (focus on communication) in the scope of “coop MDD” and “Amazon of Europe Bike Trail” project (both co-financed by DTP Interreg) based in Croatia.
“coop MDD” project aims to establish strategic and operational framework for transboundary nature protection and sustainable management of the planned 5-country Transboundary Biosphere Reserve Mura-Drava-Danube, also known as “Amazon of Europe”. The main project output, the TBR MDD Transboundary Management Programme, should become the baseline for successful management of the TBR MDD. It will contribute to harmonization of management practices and well-functioning cooperation among PAs management authorities.
“Amazon of Europe Bike Trail” project is the first project joining the efforts of 5 countries for sustainable economic development of the region based on valorisation of natural and cultural resources. It will implement a joint integrated solution for sustainable biking tourism in the “Amazon of Europe” while preserving the environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To develop communication strategies for projects and implement them as a part of the wider strategy in the planned UNESCO Transboundary Biosphere Reserve Mura-Drava-Danube
- To regularly update Interreg project websites and project social media channels,
- To regularly communicate with multiple project partners and prepare project newsletters,
- To organize logistics and moderate public events, meetings and conferences,
- To write and support layout development of selected project brochures,
- To establish relations with media and give interviews in order to raise awareness about projects,
- To actively take part in project meetings and WWF Adria team meetings,
- Follow WWF rules and standards,
- Provide inputs to WWF Adria reports,
- Prepare reports to donor on project activities as required,
- Provide data for sound administration of the assigned projects to the administration and finance department,
- Participate in fundraising by identifying and pursuing funding opportunities based on WWF Adria freshwater strategy
- Carries out other tasks based on WWF Adria freshwater strategy in coordination with Projects Manager
- Projects Officer reports directly to his/her line manager, Projects Manager
- University degree,
- At least 5 years’ experience in communicating projects (EU funded is advantage),
- Experience in project management,
- Experience in preparation of EU project proposals,
- Knowledge about freshwater ecosystems
- Experience in developing publication materials,
- Fluent in spoken and written Croatian and English (Slovenian is a big advantage),
- Knowledge about usage of digital tools,
- Organizational and personal time management skills,
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging,
- Commitment to WWF’s mission and priorities,
- Experience with the issues and priorities of WWF, including e.g. environment and nature conservation, and work for an environmental organisation is an advantage but not a necessity,
- Reliable and easily adaptable person with a team spirit and willingness to work in international and multicultural environment,
- The employee should be ready to spend part of the time traveling.
- CV in English and Croatian (or one of local languages),
- Copy of University Degree,
- Letter of Interest in English and Croatian with two references.
WWF Adria is offering an annual contract with possibility of extension. Position duties require frequent travel and irregular working hours.
Interested candidates should submit their application with required documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 July 2018 with the following subject line: MDD Projects Officer.
WWF Adria will only respond to selected candidates.