Vacancy announcement: Communications officer in Slovenia
More about the project at: www.fishforward.eu
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Implements the activities related to communications and social media work plans of the FF project in Slovenia,
- Acts as the focal point for the communications work in Slovenia for the FF project,
- Implements communications strategy of FF project in Slovenia,
- Identifies key actors, builds relationships, and develops partnerships with Slovenian media,
- Regular planning and reporting of Marketing/Communication activities according to the narrative reporting requirements,
- Sets up the strategy and the work plan for communications activities and implements the activities determined under the FF project general framework,
- Acts as the national focal point to the FF communications & marketing,
- Identifies key Slovenian media and communications key stakeholders,
- Builds and updates a data-base of media and entities related to the communications objectives. Develops regular contacts with the media in Slovenia,
- Identifies stories and opportunities for media and for the communications work serving the FF conservation objectives,
- Organizes events and prepares press and communications materials,
- Ensures regular media outreach and monitors the media coverage in Slovenia,
- Organizes, coordinates and follows up communication and media activities, supports the development of the communication tools for Slovenia,
- Provides support for meetings and conferences related to FF;
- Creates and updates spreadsheets and presentations as required.
- Translates and/or adapts, updates and monitors the web pages of the project developed on WWF Adria web site, www.katerobokupiti.si and www.Fishforward.eu in Slovenian language and other relevant information in Slovenian language. .
- Organization of events;
- Implementation of campaigns;
- Engagement with corporate sector;
- Support policy actions with Slovenian national fishery administration;
- Production of publications in Slovenian language;
- Adaptations of videos in Slovenian language;
- Ongoing media work: development of stories, preparation of press releases, monitoring of press clippings;
- Other communication tasks asked by a project manager or WWF Adria communications manager.
1.2 Minimum Qualifications:
Knowledge: A university degree in Communications Science, Marketing, Journalism or similar professions
Experience: At least five years of experience in communications and activities listed in job description
1.3. Skills and abilities: Native speaker of Slovenian language, excellent user of English both spoken and written, ability to work in multicultural and multinational organisation, fast, proactive and creative, knowledge of Croatian, Bosnian or Serbian language is an asset.
Location: Slovenia, preferably Ljubljana or nearby
Type of employment: 2 years contract.
Working hours: Part time employment (50% of posotion)
Economic conditions: will be communicated after selection of the applicants.
1.4 How to apply?
Send your cover letter and CV in English language only via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: FF Communications Officer
Deadline for submission: 30. July 2018