The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
The position is based in Prishtina, Kosovo
Position title: Project officer for communication
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Starting/Ending: November 2021 until December 2022
Engagement: full-time 100%
WWF is one of the world’s leading non-governmental and non-profit organizations for nature conservation. WWF has been established in 1961, and has representative offices in over 100 countries across the globe and approximately 7000 employees. The organization is proud of its supporters of over five million people.
WWF Adria is representing WWF within the countries of Western Balkans with approximately more than 60 employees. It operates through a WWF Adria office in Zagreb (Croatia), WWF Adria-Serbia office in Belgrade, and partner organizations and consultants within the rest of the region. To implement its conservation goals WWF Adria operates in the structure of different programmes (Marine, Freshwater, Protected Areas & Governance and Wildlife) which are contributing to protection of different ecosystems or to the improvement of governance of protected areas within the Protected Areas & Governance Programme.
As an international organization, we support a working environment of diversity based on justice and mutual respect. We therefore welcome every application - regardless of ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and political views.
- Major Functions
- Implements project activities according to project work plans
- Develops and maintains relationships with media/journalists
- Supports monitoring and reporting at project national level
- Administrates social media channels and institutional website in Albanian language
- Supports WWF Adria Director of Communications and Fundraising in developing and implementing WWF Adria overall communications and fundraising strategy
II. Detailed Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates overall project communication in Kosovo based on the inputs from Program Officer for Communication
- Coordinates public campaigns - traditional and social media, with the goal to promote the importance of protected areas (PAs) and local communities, expose illegal and unsustainable activities, promote sustainable use of natural resources and sustainable management of PAs.
- Organizes public events with relevant national and local stakeholders related to the activities of the project, develops and distributes press releases, translates other project communication to and from Albanian for the purposes of publication in/from other countries
- Develops communications tools needed for the visibility and promotion of the project
- Develops and maintains relationships with media and communications stakeholders
- Supports overall WWF Adria communication in Kosovo and Albania
- Translates selected pages of institutional website to Albanian language and creates new content
- Collaborates with other WWF Adria colleagues responsible for communication activities, media work and public outreach in order to ensure synergies and multiplications of impacts
- Minimum: A University degree in the broad area of communications or related fields and 2 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing communication campaigns
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in Albanian, Croatian/Bosnian/Serbian and English
- Knowledge about national political and social context, with understanding of the nature protection topics
- Excellent team work skills
- A good level of computer literacy, especially word-processing, development of campaign plans, including social media.
- Good inter-personal and organizational skills, including self-motivation and an ability to initiate actions and to follow through to satisfactory completion.
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Understanding and applying WWF social and environmental safeguards
- Aligning with the core values of the WWF: courage, collaboration, respect and integrity.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
Availability to travel (always respecting national and international Covid travel limitations).
- Information and procedure
Are you interested in this position and do you recognize yourself in the above profile? Then we invite you to express your interest before November 8th 2021 by sending an e-mail with motivation letter and CV in English with list of two references to email@example.com and titled „Project Officer for Communication“. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted, and for selected candidates interview will be held virtually.