The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Main functions will include (at minimum)
ACCOUNTING & PAYROLL
- day-to-day processing of accounting transactions including payroll and related tax and social charges duties in the Adria General Ledger and accounting books.
- monitoring the compliance of financial transactions with WWF accounting standards and local regulations
- monthly closing of the accounting books and reconciliation with Adria bank accounts.
- maintaining accounting paper flow and archives.
- support on the preparation and submission of financial reports for Croatian statutory and taxes purposes, for WWF Adria donors and for the WWF network internal reporting process.
- support to WWF Adria auditors (both external and WWF internal audit function) providing audit schedules and other relevant accounting documents.
- ensures that all bank accounts are reconciled on monthly basis
- liaises with the banks for the day by day issues related to the WWF Adria current accounts
- assists, when required, to the preparation of the bank transfer orders
- responsible for the petty cash management
- OTHER DUTIES
- maintains the WWF Adria asset inventory records up to date.
- ensures that WWF Adria staff travel procedure is properly implemented
- keeps up-to-date records of working hours and annual vacations for employees in WWF ADRIA.
- A University degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, or another relevant field;
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in similar capacity;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Required Skills and Competencies
- Result oriented person with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- A confident and positive attitude with excellent cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Maintains High personal integrity and confidentiality;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining work relationships in the face of conflicting demands;
Full-time (40 working hours per week)
Expected gross salary (brutto) 12.800 HRK
How to apply?
Send your Cover Letter and CV via e-mail to email@example.com
Important note: Please make sure you add the following reference in your e‐mail subject line: Accountant
Deadline for applications: 29th June 2018