The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Konkurs je otvoren do 9. oktobra 2021. godine. CV i motivaciono pismo potrebno je poslati na engleskom jeziku.
WWF ADRIA PROJECT OFFICER
Position title: Project officer
Reports to: Director of Conservation
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Engagement: Full time position, fixed-term contract
‘Panda Labs Junior for Just Transition’ project seeks to establish a strong community of young green innovators and entrepreneurs, creating conditions to reduce emigration from key coal regions in 4 countries by developing the innovation culture for Just Transition and Climate Change issues and provoking political and societal change on local and national level. Project is designed around 4 pillars – education, collaboration, policy advocacy and communication – that will mobilize and empower youth (ages 15 – 25) from Bulgaria, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia to engage in policy advocacy on Just Transition by offering alternative ‘green’ economic development scenarios for coal regions. Project location in Serbia is the Obrenovac region.
WWF Adria is looking for an expert to join our team to implement this project, as well as contribute to the development of our efforts on youth engagement and green economy development.
- Major Functions:
- Implements ‘Panda Labs Junior for Just Transition’ project, with responsibility for implementation of education, collaboration and policy advocacy pillars of project
- Supports ‘Panda Labs Junior for Just Transition’ communications work to ensure proper and accurate messages are developed
- Participates in the development of WWF Adria efforts on youth engagement and green economy and maintains and develops partnerships and stakeholder engagement according to project workplans
- Engages in WWF Global Initiatives / Areas of Collective Action and Innovation relevant for green economy, entrepreneurship, and just transition
- Supports monitoring and prepare reporting at project level
- Supports fundraising for WWF Adria program unit
- Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs the duties of project manager; ensures activities are implemented according to project work plan; leads on monitoring, evaluation and reporting of project activities and achievements
- Leads implementation of policy advocacy component of the project, including
- designing the advocacy and engagement plan on project level, and implementing it in Serbia,
- designing the plan for Economic Social Council simulations with youth, business leaders, trade unions and government, and implementing them in Serbia,
- coordinating development of Youth policy report with recommendation for green entrepreneurship development in the Just Transition regions included in the project
- Supports development of required knowledge base in Serbia by undertaking context analyses on just transition and ensuring implementation of sociological surveys about youth awareness on climate change, just transition, innovations and green entrepreneurship
- Participates in project level design of education training program and youth networking events, and implements those in Serbia
- Participates in project level design of action initiatives (e.g. hackatons) to enable youth-led generation of solutions for just transition, and implements them in Serbia
- Engages with youth and relevant stakeholders, including businesses and local authorities, to mobilize their participation in the project
- Develops and maintains partnerships with relevant stakeholders for successful implementation of project in Serbia; sources required external experts to enable project implementation in Serbia
- Supports development and implementation of communications campaigns by providing technical input during material preparation
- Participates in budgetary and administrative tasks to ensure transparent and efficient use of funds
- Works closely with project communicator and project administrator to ensure timely, efficient and effective project implementation
- Regularly communicates with WWF Bulgaria, as the lead partner on the project, and other project partners as needed; participates in project meetings and project-level events, as foreseen by the work plan; represents WWF Adria in the project partnership
- Promotes project results externally, in media and within WWF Network
- Supports development and implementation of WWF Adria initiatives related to youth engagement, green economy / sustainable development
- University degree in conservation, social sciences and management, education, environmental management, social development, economic development or other related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in any of the following areas: socio-economic development in conservation, community based conservation and management of natural resources, stakeholder’s engagement and participation, policy planning and development
- Understanding of climate change, conservation issues and energy transition; understanding of youth perspectives, trends and issues is added value
- Demonstrated experience in project management and reporting; design of development plans, advocacy strategies, initiatives or programs with forward looking objectives and fundraising priorities
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with stakeholders, communicating with donors
- Serbian language required, as well as excellent command of English in speaking and writing
- Availability to travel (always respecting national and international Covid travel limitations)
Competences and characteristics
- Self-driven, motivated, team-player with good organizational skills,
- Comfortable working alone
- Ability to initiate actions and follow through to satisfactory completion,
- Adheres to WWF values, including social and environmental safeguards,
- Aligning with the core values of the WWF: courage, collaboration, respect and integrity.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviors in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
- Networker, dynamic and enthusiastic personality
Availability to travel (always respecting national and international Covid travel limitations).
- Information and procedure
Are you interested in this position and do you recognize yourself in the above profile? Then we invite you to express your interest before October 9 2021 by sending an e-mail with motivation letter and CV in English with list of two references to email@example.com and titled „Project Officer – Panda Labs “. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted, and for selected candidates interview will be held virtually.